Continued Support and Ease of Mind
Switchvox Platinum Subscriptions include software maintenance and technical support.
Keep Switchvox up-to-date with the latest features and functionality and talk with our knowledgeable technical support staff if you ever have any questions.
When you purchase a Switchvox Registration Code for the first time, you also purchase a Switchvox User for each phone you need.
When you initially activate your Switchvox Registration Code and Switchvox Users with Subscriptions, that process:
- Sets the dates for your subscriptions service year. Subscription service is active for one year from the date of activation (not to exceed 90 days from the date of shipment/delivery by Sangoma to customer, distributor, reseller, end user, or OEM). To extend that service date for additional years, you can buy renewal products.
- Sets the number of available phone-type extensions to a number equal to the quantity of Switchvox User products that you activated.
A Switchvox with active subscriptions is entitled to:
24×7 phone and online support offering 4-hour Monday-Friday target-response times with up to 5 after-hours incident responses.
Access Switchvox software updates including bug fixes, minor point-code, and major releases, as well as subscription-based features such as the Desktop Softphone.
- Activate Subscriptions – Use this tool if you have purchased new subscriptions.
- Subscriptions Wizard – Use to buy new users, subscriptions, renew expiring subscriptions, or find your subscription expiration date.
The subscription expiration date can also be found:
- In your Switchvox administrator’s Web Suite, found under Server > Maintenance > Updates.
- On the Sangoma Customer Portal.
Extensions that Require User Subscriptions
You may already be familiar with Switchvox and all of the different extension types that you can create inside the system. It is important to note that you do not need to purchase a user product for every extension you create in Switchvox.
These extension types require a user product:
- IP Phone or SIP Adapter for Analog Phone (ATA)
- Analog Phone
- Virtual Extension
If you have one person using multiple phones (D-Series desktop phones or the Switchvox Softphone), you only need one user product for that person. For example, if someone needs a desk phone and the softphone app, or they need a second desk phone at home, only one user product is required.
Adding Users After Initial Purchase
A Switchvox User that is added after the initial activation uses the same service dates as the other active user subscriptions already in place. If there are multiple years of service involved, additional subscription renewal(s) must be purchased and activated at the same time as the new user.
For example, to add a new phone extension to an active Switchvox Platinum system with 20 active User Subscriptions that expire three years from original activation date, you would purchase and activate a Switchvox User license with 1 Year Platinum Support and Maintenance Subscription and add a 2 Year Switchvox Platinum Support and Maintenance Subscription Renewal. At that point, the Switchvox installation will have 21 Users with the same service expiration date.
Get Switchvox – The Feature-Rich Powerhouse of a Phone System
Subscriptions for each phone-type extension must be renewed to
- Continue to receive technical support
- Apply Switchvox software updates
- Operate the Subscription-based features
Subscription Renewal(s) are purchased in 1-year, 2-year, or 4-year increments. Multi-year renewals are discounted, and may be purchased at any time.
For an initial purchase, 2-year renewals provide a total of 3 years of support (the first initial year of support plus the 2 years of the 2-year renewal) and 4-year renewals provide a total of 5 years of support (the first initial year of support plus the 4 years of the 4-year renewal).
For renewals, all active User Subscriptions on the system are renewed against the service expiration date, regardless of the date they were added. For example, If the system has 10 users and 5 users are added half-way through the service year, 15 Subscription Renewals will be required to renew for the next service year.
If you do not renew your subscriptions, Sangoma’s obligation to provide technical support services, updates of Switchvox software, and continued use of subscription-based features is terminated on your service expiration date.
If subscriptions lapse, the software itself will continue to function with the following exceptions:
- Queues set to Advanced will be reset to Standard, and the advanced features will not function.
- Phone users will not be able to log into the desktop softphone.
- Switchboard widgets that are hosted by Sangoma including Google Maps and Salesforce.com will not function.
- You will not be able to add any additional phone-type extensions, unless you purchase a legacy subscription.
- You will not be able to view, retrieve, or apply any additional Switchvox software updates, including bug fixes.
If your subscriptions lapse, then
- You are subject to a Support Reinstatement Fee in addition to the Subscription Renewal costs.
- Renewals backfill to the original date of expiration.
To avoid unnecessary extra expense, it’s best to avoid allowing your subscriptions to expire.
Support for Unknown Hardware Configurations
Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee any level of performance for an unknown hardware configuration. An unknown hardware configuration is any scenario outside of a Switchvox Appliance or Switchvox in a VMware environment.
If you are using your own hardware and encounter an issue, Switchvox Technical Support will attempt to help you until such time as we determine that the issue may be hardware-related. At that point, we may require that you resolve the issue on your own or that you use Switchvox in a supported scenario.
IMPORTANT: The Switchvox installation will DELETE any existing data on your server.