Author: Jim Machi – General Manager CCD, Sangoma
As I go out and visit customers, I’m starting to hear the world “value” being used more and more. I’m seeing this trend in businesses wanting value-based communication systems. But what does this mean? When you hear the term “value” you probably immediately think of “good price”. Value is much more than “good price”. So, what is value in a small business communication system?
- Pricing certainly plays a big role; you don’t want to pay for a Mercedes if you don’t need to.
- But you do want to be as close to a Mercedes as possible, so features play a large role as well. The business communication system should do more than just voice calls. Voice is becoming just one of many ways businesses communicate, not the only way. Today’s businesses require an integrated phone system (PBX) and Unified Communications (UC), which includes features such as: presence/chat, conferencing, bring your own device, mobility, fax, etc.
To have good value, the system needs to have the feature set from both a PBX and UC system. Combining a solid feature set with a good price goes a long way towards the definition of value for a business communication system.
- Another underappreciated aspect of value is customer choice. Can your vendor offer you the choice of customer premise-based or cloud-based solutions, not just one or the other? If your vendor can’t offer you the choice, then they can’t really be a trusted advisor to you.
- Value also means product reliability and total cost of ownership. If you pay a low price initially, you need to investigate the product reliability data and upgrade pricing, which goes towards total cost of ownership.
- Finally, there are other components to value that you should consider. Is the company stable, and will it be around to support you with your needs going forward? Longstanding companies have suddenly lost their way and upstarts have entered the scene. A common theme I see when I talk to CIOs is they want a vendor that will be there for them.
Sangoma is a stable, growing company with a proven track record and a robust financial position. We continue to innovate, offering a modern and unique combined PBX/UC communications platform. The overall value of Sangoma appeals to many CIOs.