End of Product Life Policy
Sangoma products reach the end of their product life for a number of reasons.
- Market demands prompting product line changes
- Product development driving changes in the product
- Products simply being replaced by functionally richer technology.
While this is an established part of the overall product life cycle, Sangoma recognizes that end-of-life milestones often prompt companies to review the way in which such end-of-sale and end-of-life milestones impact the Sangoma products in their networks. With that in mind, Sangoma sets out the following End of Product Life Policy (“Policy”) to help our customers better manage their Sangoma product end-of-life transition and to understand the role that Sangoma can play in helping to migrate to alternative Sangoma products.
Following the End-of-Sale Date, Sangoma provides the following transition services for a period of one (1) year (the “End-of-Life Period”):
- Sangoma will provide spares or replacement parts for hardware for the End-of-Life Period under standard hardware warranty policies (including any extended warranties). We will provide spares and replacement parts in accordance with our Return Materials Authorization (RMA) process.
- Sangoma may provide the following software and firmware support: bug fixes; maintenance releases; work-arounds; and patches for critical bugs, reported via the Sangoma Support Site. Please note, that with respect to software and firmware, it may be necessary to upgrade versions to correct a reported problem.
The foregoing is only available for customers that have a current hardware warranty, or fully-paid extended hardware warranty or support contract with Sangoma. Please contact your Account Manager regarding fees payable during the End-of-Life Period so that we can support you right through the End-of-Life Period.
For customers whose warranty or service contract has expired, the following conditions apply to receive support for the affected products during the End-of-Life Period:
- Purchase or renewals of a service contract or extended warranty will generally be available for purchase during the End-of-Life period if it would otherwise be available under standard Sangoma support policies. The price will be pro-rated for the time remaining until the End-of-Life date. To extend service for a product on a service contract that has already expired, it will be mandatory to make up for the time the product has been without a service contract by paying the annual support fees for the lapsed period (in additional to the renewal amount).
- Extended warranties are generally not available if the original or previous extended warranty period has already expired. Products covered under warranty after the End of Sale date may be replaced by a like product if the original product is out of stock or otherwise unavailable.
Product service and support will not be provided by Sangoma beyond the End-of-Life date.