Integrated Media Gateway
Integrated Gateway Solutions to Enable Connections Between Networks, Services and Subscribers With Ease and Scale
The Dialogic ® IMG 2020 Integrated Media Gateway enables interworking between IP and PSTN networks via high-density optical, telephony, and Ethernet connections in a compact 1U form factor. It transforms media and signaling to support efficient and reliable voice, fax, modem and tone-based sessions for mobile and cloud-based applications. The IMG 2020 secures sessions across IP and mixed network boundaries in support of service level agreements.
The combination of a Time Division Multiplexing (TDM) to IP gateway, any-to-any signaling and Session Border Controller (SBC) functionality in a single chassis within the IMG 2020 offers the potential for significant reductions in CAPEX and OPEX when compared to less integrated alternatives.
Along with providing a broad range of scalability in a small footprint, the IMG 2020 handles signaling and media in a single carrier-grade chassis and can deliver SIP services into SS7, SIGTRAN, PRI, and SIP-I networks. Incorporation of selected SBC features including support for IPV6, an embedded firewall, denial of service (DoS) protection and bulk SIP registration facilitates customer migration from TDM fixed and mobile networks to IP networks. This enables customers to update their gateways to support new services such as high definition (HD) voice, transcoding between IP networks and SIP trunking.
High Density and Versatility
With its high density and versatility, the IMG 2020 can help mobile and wireline service providers add new Value-Added Services (VAS) quickly, and provide a clear migration path to an all-IP network. The IMG 2020 is also an excellent option for retail, wholesale, and enhanced service VoIP deployments, as well as contact centers, mobile virtual network operations (MVNO) and mobile VAS. An extensive set of global product approvals and SS7 to SIP interconnect experience facilitate deployment in a wide variety of networks.
The IMG 2020 also offers energy efficiency and hardware components where hazardous substances have been minimized, which can help operators and contact centers seeking to fulfill “green” initiatives.
Easy Management and Fast Maintenance
A 1U high-density design, web UI, element management system, and software licensing that allows in-service capacity expansion make the IMG 2020 easy to manage and scale. Its NEBS-3 carrier-ready design uses independent network interfaces to separate transport, signaling, and OAM&P for reliability and enhanced service availability. Scalability is enhanced via a modular design where digital signal processing (DSP) modules offer best-in-class expandability to meet additional media needs such as transcoding and high definition (HD) voice support.
Fast maintenance features, such as hot-swappable power supplies, field-replaceable motherboard trays, and graceful upgrades address the flexibility and ease of operation that carriers need and increases reliability in the field.
The IMG 2020 also features the Dialogic® Programmable Protocol Language (PPL), which allows rapid implementation of SS7 ISUP variants and other signaling changes.
- Scalable from 50 to 2250 simultaneous SIP sessions with multimedia transcoding, and 128 to 2016 channels of SS7 signaling
- Combined IP and TDM gateway features on a single platform
- Carrier class design and features provide high availability, reliable throughput and enhanced service delivery
- Eliminates the need to add separate hardware to support both security and transcoding requirements, helping to reduce CAPEX and number of platforms deployed
- Any-to-any signaling and media support
- Support for SS7, SIP signaling, and IPv6 and IPv4 interworking along with voice transcoding provides a cost-effective platform to help service providers evolve from a TDM to an all-IP environment
- Scalable IP and TDM connectivity solution provides high performance in a small footprint to help lower OPEX and CAPEX
- SIP profiler, web based user interface and offline configuration
- Integrated encryption and transcoding support for voice, tones and faxing
- Integrated multimedia gateway features facilitate TDM and IP interworking to provide service delivery flexibility and automated failover between domains
- Carrier class solution
- Easy-to-use service configuration and management tools can help accelerate service deployment and simplify platform management