Integrated Media Gateway
The Dialogic IMG 1010 provides interworking for media and signaling between IP and PSTN networks and within all-IP networks
The Dialogic IMG 1010 Integrated Media Gateway is a carrier-grade VoIP gateway that supports both media and signaling in a single chassis. It allows service providers to add new telephony services quickly, and gives them a clear migration path to an all-IP network.
It provides any-to-any voice network connectivity and can deliver SIP services into legacy PRI, CAS, and SS7 networks, as well as IP-to-IP transcoding and multimedia border element functions, such as SIP mediation for network edge applications. Its compact 1U high-density design, integrated SS7 termination across multiple gateways, GUI-based management, and software licensing for in-service capacity expansion make the Dialogic IMG 1010 an excellent option for VoIP.
The Dialogic IMG 1010 also features the Dialogic® Programmable Protocol Language (PPL), which allows rapid implementation of SS7 ISUP variants and other signaling changes.
- SS7 signaling, call routing, call translation, and IP transcoding supported in a single chassis
- Supports multimedia border element capabilities, including SIP mediation, topology hiding, and media transcoding
- Supports up to 1024 channels in a 1U chassis
- NEBS 3 carrier-grade design uses independent network interfaces to separate transport, signaling, and OAM&P
- Works with load balancers
- Optimizes distribution of SIP traffic and improves scalability and fault tolerance
- Provides a flexible, cost-effective platform that can evolve from TDM-IP to all IP
- Can reduce complexity and administrative overhead for VoIP services, and allows on-the-fly voice coder conversion
- Facilitates efficient operations between incompatible network elements in a service provider infrastructure
- Wireline and wireless support, including ENUM
- Enables fast connection time and lower phone charges because callers can connect to each other directly without using the PSTN
- Provides high reliability and service availability
- Allows easy scalability from 96 to 1024 channels in a small footprint
- Simultaneous support for PRI and SS7 signaling and SIP and H.323