Dialogic Diva Multi-Span E1/T1/PRI
(ISDN) Media Boards-PCIe
The Dialogic® Diva® V-xPRI Media Boards provide one/two/four/eight E1, T1 or ISDN PRI ports (trunks) and can serve as an excellent communication platform, which scales from 24 to 960 channels (phone lines) per single server.
The Diva V-xPRI offer voice, speech, conferencing, VoIP, modem and fax features and can serve as a base for many communication applications. The boards support many standard applications, and are also suitable for new application development. The Diva V-xPRI are available in Half Size and Full Size PCI Express form factor. The Half Size version has 12 DSPs and comes in versions for 1, 2, and 4 trunks. The Full Size version has 24 DSPs and comes in versions for 4 and 8 trunks. The Diva V-xPRI can be seamlessly combined with other Dialogic® Diva® Media Boards, such as those supporting Analog, ISDN BRI, and VoIP.
PCI and PCIe versions can be used in the same server providing both can be physically supported by the server.
The Diva V-xPRI support the same set of application interfaces as other Diva Media Boards: the three Dialogic® Diva® APIs as well as CAPI, COM port, WAN Miniport and TTY. Although Diva Media Boards share the same interfaces, the Diva V-xPRI are the only ones that have the flexibility to allow a customer to upgrade the initial “V-series” voice feature set with four additional software licenses at any time:
- Modem — Offering modem connections up to V.90 speeds
- VoIP — Offering VoIP CODECs (AMR-NB, G.729, RTaudio)
- G.723 — Offering the G.723 CODEC
- Fax — Offering V.34 fax up to 33.6 kbps speeds
Because of consistent interface support, applications written for another Diva Media Board with comparable functionality will normally work without modification with the Diva V-xPRI Media Boards.
- Onboard CPU with large RAM and powerful FPGA chip for fast data streaming between the host CPU, the DSPs, the phone line, and the other active components onboard
- Can remove performance bottlenecks by offloading key real-time tasks that would ordinarily place an excessive burden on the host server, allowing Quality of Service (for example, voice quality and connection speed) to be more consistent
- Sophisticated hardware design
- Operates with low power consumption
- Allows application compatibility with major PBXs and can make a system based on Dialogic® Diva® technology ready for worldwide use
- Implements most supplementary services, many signaling protocols, as well as all multinational ISDN protocols
- Voice packetization into Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP), adaptive jitter buffer, voice compression (AMR-NB, G.726, RTaudio, GSM), and Comfort Noise Generation (CNG) available
- Upgrades available via additional licenses
- Up to eight or more Diva Media Boards of the same or different types can operate concurrently in a single server, depending on the application and performance of the server hardware
- Depending on the version of the Diva V-xPRI Media Board, 3, 5, 6 or 12 powerful DSPs are available per trunk (E1/T1/J1/ISDN PRI)
- Provides real-time processing of complex operations (such as V.90 data modem, V.34 fax receiver and transmitter, voice compression, or 256 ms echo cancellation) without reducing overall system performance, which lowers implementation costs
- Conforms to plug-and-play standards
- Permits easy installation and operation
- Reduces porting efforts and time to market by making Diva Media Boards compatible with most standard telephony and communications applications
- Easy scalability and flexibility to address an organization’s communications needs in changing environments, such as VoIP
- Supports the same programming interfaces as other Dialogic® Diva® Media Boards, including Dialogic® Diva® APIs, CAPI, TTY, COM port, and others
- Can be upgraded to support modem, fax, and VoIP coders
- Permits legacy voice, speech, and conferencing applications to be used with VoIP clients and IP phones