Dialogic Diva BRI
(ISDN) Media Boards
The Dialogic® Diva® BRI (ISDN Basic Rate Interface) Media Boards provide one and four ISDN BRI ports and can serve as an excellent communication platform, which scales from 2 to 64 channels (phone lines) per single server.
The Diva BRI offer voice, speech, conferencing, VoIP, modem and fax features, and can serve as a base for many communicationapplications. The boards support many standard applications, and are also suitable for new application development. The Diva BRI are available in Low Profile or Half Size form factors. The Diva BRI can be seamlessly combined with other Dialogic® Diva® Media Boards, such as analog, E1/T1, ISDN PRI, and VoIP.
The Diva 4BRI-8 PCI board shares the same features with its PCI Express (PCIe) version, so that the migration from PCI Server hardware to PCI Express hardware is easy. Sometimes it will be beneficial to be able to use PCI and PCIe versions in the same server.
The Diva BRI support the same set of application interfaces as other Diva Media Boards: the three Dialogic® Diva® APIs as well as CAPI, COM port, WAN Miniport and TTY. Because of this consistent interface support, applications written for another Diva Media Board will normally work without modification with Diva BRI.
The Diva UM-BRI-2 and UM-4BRI-8 support fax transmissions on half (50%) of their available channels. The feature-set of the Diva UM series has been designed to meet the needs of typical Unified Messaging applications.
The Diva BRI-2 and 4BRI-8 boards support V.34 fax transmissions on all (100%) available channels. The Diva BRI-2 and 4BRI-8 boards are usually referred to as part of the Universal series.
- Can remove performance bottlenecks by offloading key real-time tasks that would ordinarily place an excessive burden on the host server, allowing Quality of Service (for example, voice quality and connection speed) to be more consistent
- Sophisticated hardware design
- Conforms to plug-and-play protocol
- Up to eight Diva Media Boards of the same or different types can operate concurrently in a single server
- Allows application compatibility with major PBXs and can make a system based on Dialogic® Diva® technology ready for worldwide use
- Onboard CPU with large RAM and powerful FPGA chip for fast data streaming between the host CPU, the DSPs, the phone line, and the other active components onboard
- Implements most supplementary services, many signaling protocols, as well as all multinational ISDN protocols
- Voice packetization into Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP), adaptive jitter buffer, voice compression (G.726, GSM), and Comfort Noise Generation (CNG) on the V-series, UM series, and PRI/E1-30
- Provides real-time processing of complex operations (such as V.90 data modem, V.34 fax receiver and transmitter, voice compression, or echo cancellation) without reducing overall system performance, which lowers implementation costs
- Operates with low power consumption
- Permits easy installation and operation
- Permits legacy voice, speech, and conferencing applications to be used with VoIP clients and IP phones
- Supports the same programming interfaces as other Dialogic® Diva® Media Boards, including CAPI, Dialogic® Diva® APIs, and others
- Reduces porting efforts and time to market by making Diva
Media Boards compatible with most conventional telephony andcommunications applications
- Easy scalability and flexibility to address an organization’s
communications needs in changing environments, such as VoIP
- One powerful DSP dedicated to each communications channel