Sangoma WAN Router Solution
Think Inside the Box
While there are many external WAN router (Wide Area Network Router) hardware options available on the market to connect & communicate data across networks, Sangoma delivers a similar solution, but at a significantly lower cost, utilizing your existing hardware infrastructure.
Sangoma’s WAN Router solution is comprised of Sangoma’s Digital E1/T1 Telephony Cards and the WANPIPE routing driver, together installed on a host Linux or Windows machine. The solution supports the following WAN protocols: Frame Relay, X.25, ATM, PPP, HDLC, MULTILINK, AND CHDLC. The Wanpipe routing software is completely independent of TDM voice applications for total system reliability. Learn More
Just like how external modems have evolved to move inside of PCs, Sangoma’s WAN router solution is doing the same. By leveraging existing computer infrastructure, more cost-effective routing solutions can be created that are less prone to breakdowns, consume less power and reduce footprint.
Benefits of Sangoma WAN routing Telephony cards
- Reliable and inexpensive WAN routing telephony cards
- High performance and reliable communications platforms for OEM projects involving Frame Relay, X.25, HDLC, PPP, SDLC, BSC, SS7 and other protocols
- Technology licensing to OEM manufacturers
- Private-label (OEM) communications cards
- POS (Point-of-Sales) interface cards for use in retail environments.
Benefits of WAN Connections by WANPIPE
- Provide superior functions at a lower cost
- More reliable because there are fewer active components
- Reduce clutter in the server room: Plug your network server or firewall directly into the Telco demarc
- Eliminate the learning curve: WANPIPE™ is configured and managed using the same server tools and utilities that manage the rest of the network
- Improved network management and debugging: WANPIPE™management tools leverage your server’s resources to provide powerful and easy-to-use tools for network management and for solving network problems.
Sangoma E1/T1 telephony cards support data transfer rates from 2 Mbps to 32.8 Mbps. The majority of WAN protocols supported by the WANPIPE driver are implemented in firmware and run on the card. As an intelligent adapter, it offloads demands on the system CPU and improves system stability. By adding a Sangoma WAN telephony card to the proven reliability of the Linux kernel, a powerful multi-T1/E1 router is created. Sangoma A-series cards support optional on-board T1/E1 CSU/DSU. In other words, a T1/E1 line can be connected directly to the card eliminating all external components found in a traditional routing solution.
POINT OF SALE (POS)
The Sangoma E1/T1 telephony cards read POS traffic transmitted between registers and store controllers, then filters the data before passing it to a host PC. The cards can be configured to read the loop data of most store POS systems. They are used throughout the Point-of-Sale industry for coupon printing, store promotion, security systems and for gathering sales and customer data.