TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - Jan. 27, 2011) - Sangoma Technologies Corporation (TSX VENTURE:STC), a leading provider of hardware and software components that enable or enhance IP Communications Systems for both voice and data, today announced the general availability of NetBorder Express Gateway 4.0, a major upgrade of its award-winning TDM-to-SIP Gateway software. NetBorder Express 4.0 includes significant new functionality which extends the market reach of Sangoma channel partners in Europe, Latin America, Japan, Asia, and North America.
Enhancements that provide Sangoma partners with a greater coverage area for worldwide deployments include support for:
- Basic Rate Interface (BRI), an ISDN configuration widely used by SME's in European countries, particularly in Germany (when paired with the Sangoma A500 or B700 boards)
- MFC/R2 Signaling, used extensively by enterprises in Latin America, especially Mexico, Brazil and Columbia (when paired with any of Sangoma's lifetime warranty A-Series of digital boards, A101/A102/A104/A108)
- INS 1500, a Primary Rate Interface (PRI) ISDN variant used in Japan (also supported by Sangoma's A-Series of digital boards)
- T.38 Fax Over IP Support, enables reliable transport of fax traffic over a VoIP network
"NetBorder Express is an easily integrated TDM to SIP gateway component that can run concurrently with other software applications, inside a single server," said Frederic Dickey, director of product management at Sangoma. "Alternate solutions require external gateways in a separate appliance. With the added functionality in NetBorder Express Gateway 4.0, we not only extend the global market reach of our channel partners, we enable simplified deployments and servicing of enterprise communications systems, reducing downtime, diagnostic headaches, and expensive visits to the field for our channel partners and our end users."
NetBorder Express Gateway 4.0 software, together with Sangoma's award-winning telephony boards, delivers a powerful SIP-to-TDM VoIP gateway that application developers, system integrators and value-added resellers can leverage to deliver communications platforms for SIP-based applications, such as IP PBX, IVRs, conferencing servers, and carrier solutions in the most cost-effective way.
Additional new features of NetBorder Express Gateway 4.0 include:
- T.38 Fax Relay – sends faxes over IP and integrates with T.38 fax servers
- B600 Board Support – offers a cost effective analog interface
- FXO Tune Utility – improves voice quality by automatically matching impedance with telecommunication lines, eliminating annoying echoes on the line
- HTTP Digest Authentication – for improved security
- SIP Torture Test Suite – provides robust defense against Denial of Service attacks and other SIP security threats
"With added features, such as T.38 fax relay and extended board support, the latest version of the NetBorder Express Gateway allows us to extend our market coverage even further," said Kerry Garrison, vice president of strategy at 888voipstore. "The ability to run Sangoma telephony hardware and NetBorder Express Gateway concurrently with popular IP PBX applications enables our customers to deliver compact and integrated solutions."
Sangoma will be demonstrating the latest release of its NetBorder Express Gateway at ITEXPO East 2011, in Miami, Florida, February 2-4, 2011 in booth #401.
About Sangoma Technologies Corporation
Sangoma is the premium provider of voice and data connectivity components for software-based communication applications. Sangoma's data boards, voice boards, gateways and connectivity software are used in leading PBX, IVR, contact center and data-communication applications worldwide. The product line represents a comprehensive toolset for deploying cost-effective, powerful, and flexible software communication applications.
Founded in 1984, Sangoma Technologies Corporation is publicly traded on the TSX Venture Exchange (TSX VENTURE:STC). Additional information on Sangoma can be found at: www.sangoma.com.