MARKHAM, ONTARIO–(Marketwired – June 17, 2015) – Sangoma Technologies Corporation (TSX VENTURE:STC), a leading provider of hardware and software components that enable or enhance IP communications systems for both voice and data, announced today a major update to their SBC product line. The update provides carriers, enterprise and SMB users with a host of powerful new functionality and interoperability to support the growing need for flexible IP telephony solutions.
Sangoma’s SBC 2.2 delivers a powerful SIP-based platform that now supports both full-IP and TDM connectivity, allowing customers to build, migrate or scale to virtually any current or legacy environment. Included in the SBC 2.2 update is:
- Support for SIP interworking with TDM PBX trunks and PSTN connectivity via E1/T1, with built-in failover
- Local and remote IP phone support, directly to the SBC, with improved security
- New hardware platforms with up to 6 front-access Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Enhanced security features and flexibility
- Full support of IPv6
- TR-069 and upgraded RestAPI supports automated service provider provisioning
- An updated WebUI with a streamlined layout and more access to statistics
- A new “stackable” licensing structure that allows a perfect-fit to channel count requirements
“Sangoma continues to work closely with its customers and that gives us an edge when it comes to understanding their unique needs and challenges,” explained Frederic Dickey, VP of Product Management, Marketing and Services. “We brought those to our software and hardware engineering teams with the goal of developing a flexible and cost-effective solution to literally ‘bridge’ IP and legacy telephony environments.” SBC 2.2 enhancements are the result of Sangoma’s customer-centric approach and product innovation strategies.