MARKHAM, Ontario, Nov. 10, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Sangoma Technologies Corporation (TSX: STC; Nasdaq: SANG) (“Sangoma” or the “Company”), a trusted leader in delivering cloud-based Communications as a Service solutions for companies of all sizes, today announced its first quarter financial results and unaudited consolidated financial statements for the fiscal quarter ended September 30, 2022.
Revenue for the first quarter of fiscal 2023 was $64.05 million, an increase from the prior year of 24%.
|US $m||Q1 FY2023||Q1 FY2022||Change||Q4 FY2022||Change|
|Adjusted operating income1 (loss)||($1.07)||($0.86)||($1.24)|
|Net income (loss)||($1.98)||($2.30)||($99.25)|
|Net earnings/(loss) per share2 (fully diluted)||($0.060)||($0.073)||($2.987)|
“I’m pleased with another solid quarter on both the top and bottom line, especially given the seasonality of our first quarter, which covers the historically slower summer months,” said Bill Wignall, President and CEO. “It is very encouraging to see our Services revenue hit 75% of total sales for the first time, up from 71% in our fiscal year 2022 and 62% in fiscal 2021. This once again demonstrates our successful transition to recurring SaaS revenue streams, and is consistent with our expectation for this fiscal year. While we are focused on executing our plan and the team is confident we will see a successful fiscal 2023, we also remain very aware of the economic headwinds across the globe these days. Sangoma has a resilient business and given the inherent flexibility in our business model, we will be vigilant in protecting our profitability.”
Revenue for the fiscal first quarter was $64.05 million, up from $51.50 million in the first quarter last year by 24%, and down by approximately 3% from the immediately preceding fourth quarter of fiscal 2022, due to typical seasonality effects, the impact of a strong US dollar exchange rate on some international order flow, and some modest softness in Product sales as customers become more sensitive to Capex purchases given current economic headwinds. Services revenue exceeded 75% of total sales for the first time this quarter.
Gross profit for the quarter was $43.34 million, up from $36.87 million in the same period last year by about 18%. Gross margin at 68% of revenue for the quarter was slightly above the gross margin in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2022, and around the level the Company anticipates for fiscal 2023.
Operating expenses were $44.41 million for the quarter compared $37.73 million in the first quarter of fiscal year 2022. The year over year increases reflect the addition of the NetFortris team, the associated spending, and the non-cash intangible asset amortization arising from the acquisition. Our operating expenses have decreased by $1.30 million sequentially versus the most recent fourth quarter, reflecting the cost savings and integration synergies we have previously identified.
Adjusted EBITDA1 was $10.74 million in the first fiscal quarter of 2023, compared to $10.09 million for the same period of the prior year, and was approximately 17% of sales, the same ratio as existed in the most recently completed quarter
Net loss for the first quarter was $1.98 million as compared to $2.30 million for the first quarter of fiscal 2022.
Sangoma continues to maintain a healthy balance sheet, finishing the quarter with a cash balance of $8.29 million on September 30, 2022, generates positive Adjusted Cash Flow1, and remains comfortably within its debt covenants.
Outlook for fiscal year 2023
The Company is maintaining its outlook for the fiscal 2023 year. We expect to generate revenue of between $275 and $285 million, and Adjusted EBITDA to be in a range of $48 to $52 million.
The above outlook and guidance constitute forward-looking information and are based on the Company’s assessment of many material assumptions, including:
- The Company’s ability to manage current supply chain constraints, including our ability to secure electronic components and parts, manufacturers being able to deliver ongoing quantities of finished products on schedule, no further material increases in cost for electronic components, and no significant delay or material increases in cost for shipping
- The revenue trends the Company experienced in fiscal year 2022 and the trends we expect going forward in fiscal 2023, are not negatively impacted by growing economic headwinds globally
- The continuing recovery of the global economy from the impact of COVID-19, including decreased government restrictions and increased customer demand, all of which would not be materially negatively affected by more recent macro factors such as inflation, interest rates, or recessions
- The successful integration of NetFortris, the achievement of post-closing synergies, and the ability to cross-sell NetFortris and Sangoma’s products and services to the other’s customer base
- The NetFortris business continuing to operate and generate results in a manner consistent with its business preceding its acquisition by the Company and as anticipated by us
- There being continuing growth in the global UCaaS and cloud communications markets more generally
- There being continuing demand and subscriber growth for our Services and continuing demand as anticipated for our Products
- Changes in global exchange rates do not disrupt demand for the Company’s Products and Services
- The ability of the Company’s customers to continue their business operations without any material impact on their requirements for the Company’s Products and Services
- The Company’s forecasted revenue from its internal sales teams and via channel partners will meet expectations, which is based on certain management assumptions, including continuing demand for the Company’s products and services, no material delays in receipt of products from its contract manufacturers, no further material increase to the Company’s manufacturing, labour or shipping costs
- There are no additional revenue reclassifications
- The Company is able to remediate the material weaknesses identified in its internal control over financial reporting
- That the Company is able to attract and keep the employees needed to maintain the current momentum
- The continued ability for the Company’s operational employees to work at the Company’s internal and outsourced facilities
- Other employees being able to work from home as required without any material impact on productivity
Sangoma will host a conference call on Friday, November 11, 2022, at 8:00 am EST to discuss these results. The dial-in number for the call is 1-800-319-4610 (International 1-604-638-5340). Participants are requested to dial in 5 before the scheduled start time and ask to join the Sangoma call.
1 Adjusted Operating Income, Adjusted EBITDA and Adjusted Cash Flow are non-IFRS financial measures used by the Company to monitor its performance and definitions of these terms along with reconciliation to the closest IFRS measure may be found in the accompanying MD&A on pages 3, 13, 17 and 18 posted today at www.sedar.com and www.sec.gov.