The NetBorder Transcoding Gateway offers an elegant and simple solution, by providing integrated high density transcoding in a 1U form factor appliance.
- From 400 to 4,000 any-to-any transcoding sessions
- SIP RFC 3261 Compliant
- Integrates with Softswitch dial plans
- Per call codec control
- Supports a wide range of narrow band and HD voice codecs
- Simple web user interface for configuration and provisioning
- Compact 1U form factor appliance
Most IP telephony applications require the use of multiple types of voice codecs, which are used to digitally compress voice signals, to save on bandwidth requirements. While voice signals from the Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN) always come in the form of the G.711 codec, the VoIP terminal equipment and networks support a variety of different voice codecs, such as G.729, G.726, AMR, G.722, iLBC, etc. VoIP infrastructures need to include the capability to mediate between endpoints supporting different codecs, yet this functionality requires digital signal processing tasks that are often costly, resource-intensive, and can affect the quality of the voice signals, if it introduces too much latency and delay.
The NetBorder Transcoding Gateway allows to convert numerous simultaneous channels of transcoding from one type of codec (e.g. G.711) to another (e.g. G.729), without affecting latency.
The gateway allows running 400, 800, 1200, 1600, 2000 or 4000 channels of any-to-any voice codec conversion, with unmatched quality¹. All codecs are fully indemnified²; no additional licensing is required for their use.
The NetBorder Transcoding Gateway is a SIP back-to-back user agent, capable of handling SIP signalling traffic, that provides a stand-alone and flexible deployment option. The gateway is configurable via an user-friendly web management interface. The codecs offered during the codec negotiation phase of the call can be defined to meet specific environment requirements on a per call basis.
The NetBorder Transcoding Gateway is offered in the appliance format for an all-in-one turnkey solution. The option of an ISO software package to be installed on any server with a Sangoma D500 Transcoding board is also available.
- Bandwidth savings for SIP trunking deployments
- Remote call center agent pools
- Carrier IP network peering
- HD Voice over IP deployments
- Voice quality improvements
¹ Total port counts performance varies from codec to codec use and on the traffic mix at any given time.
² For AMR codecs, please consult your Sangoma sales representative.
- SIP V2/RFC3261
- 1U Appliance
- 3 RJ-45 Ethernet ports
- 4 USB ports in the back
- 1 DVI output port
- 250W universal for 1U solution
- 1U : 480.4(W) x 474(D) x 44(H) mm; 19”(W) x 18.7”(D) x 1.7”(H)
- Wide range of codecs support via Sangoma transcoding hardware (D100/D150/D500):
DTMF Detection and Generation:
- RFC2833 Tone relay
- In-band DTMF detection and generation
Management and Configuration:
- Web GUI
- Command line interface
- Detailed logs with user configurable file size and auto-rotation
Support and Professional Services:
- Sangoma engineers are here to support your success. Whether you need technical support and softwaremaintenance, training, consultation and installation services, Sangoma can help you. Contact your Sales representative for more information.
- Standard 12-month warranty is included. Additional warranty services available, contact your Sales representative for more information.
|# of Sessions||Appliance||ISO: Software License only (Transcoding board not included)|
|400 Sessions||NTG-AP0400||NTG-LI0400; order 1x D500-100E separately|
|800 Sessions||NTG-AP0800||NTG-LI0800; order 1x D500-200E separately|
|1200 Sessions||NTG-AP1200||NTG-LI1200; order 1x D500-300E separately|
|1600 Sessions||NTG-AP1600||NTG-LI1600; order 1x D500-400E separately|
|2000 Sessions||NTG-AP2000||NTG-LI2000; order 1x D500-500E separately|
|4000 Sessions||NTG-AP4000||NTG-LI4000; order 2x D500-500E separately|
To become an authorized Empowered by Sangoma channel partner, please visit http://www.sangoma.com/partners.
To purchase now, Contact an Empowered by Sangoma Distributor, Reseller, or Solution Partner near you. Look for the Empowered by Sangoma Logo.