Dialogic Diva E1/T1/PRI
(ISDN) Media Boards
The Dialogic® Diva® PRI Media Boards provide a single E1, T1, or ISDN PRI port and can serve as an excellent communication platform, which scales from 24 to 240 channels (phone lines) per server.
Diva PRI Media Boards offer voice, speech, conferencing, VoIP, modem, and fax features, and can serve as a base for many communication applications. The boards support many conventional applications, and are also suitable for new application development. Diva PRI Boards are available in Low Profile, Half Size, or Full Size form factors. The Diva PRI Boards can be seamlessly combined with other Dialogic® Diva® Media Boards, such as those supporting analog, ISDN BRI, and VoIP.
Since both PCI and PCIe versions of the Diva PRI E1-30 Boards share the same feature sets, migration from a PCI server to a PCIe server for those models is easy. PCI and PCIe versions of those models can also be used in the same server.
The Diva PRI support the same set of application interfaces as other Diva Media Boards: the three Dialogic® Diva® APIs as well as CAPI, COM port, WAN Miniport and TTY. Although Diva Media Boards share the same interfaces, there are four different types/series of the boards that are available (listed from lowest to highest functionality): CTI series, V-series, UM series, and Universal Series.
Thanks to consistent interface support, applications written for one Diva Media Board with comparable functionality will normally work without modification with Diva PRI Boards.
Because the Diva PRI/E1/T1-CTI does not have DSPs, it is unable to analyze or modify media such as voice. It has feature sets to address the needs of basic voice applications (entry level IVR, call counting, call recording, telephone-voting, small conferencing, etc.).
The Diva V-PRI/E1-30 and Diva V-PRI/T1-24 do not support fax transmission, but offer voice features. They have a common feature set to address the needs of high-end voice applications (IVR, contact center, large high-quality conferencing, predictive dialing, etc.).
The Diva UM-PRI/E1-30 and Diva UM-PRI/T1-24 support fax transmissions on half (50%) of their available channels; they also offer voice features and modem connections up to V.90 speeds. They have a common feature set to address the needs of Unified Messaging applications and, in turn, the communication needs of an enterprise.
The Diva PRI/E1-30 supports V.34 fax transmission on all available channels and offers voice features and modem connections up to V.90 speeds.
- Can remove performance bottlenecks by offloading key real-time tasks that would ordinarily place an excessive burden on the host server, allowing Quality of Service (for example, voice quality and connection speed) to be more consistent
- Sophisticated hardware design
- Conforms to plug-and-play protocol
- Up to eight Diva Media Boards of the same or different types can operate concurrently in a single server
- Allows application compatibility with major PBXs and can make a system based on Dialogic® Diva® technology ready for worldwide use
- Onboard CPU with large RAM and powerful FPGA chip for fast data streaming between the host CPU, the DSPs, the phone line, and the other active components onboard
- Implements most supplementary services, many signaling protocols, as well as all multinational ISDN protocols
- Voice packetization into Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP), adaptive jitter buffer, voice compression (G.726, GSM), and Comfort Noise Generation (CNG) on the V-series, UM series, and PRI/E1-30
- Provides real-time processing of complex operations (such as V.90 data modem, V.34 fax receiver and transmitter, voice compression, or echo cancellation) without reducing overall system performance, which lowers implementation costs
- Operates with low power consumption
- Permits easy installation and operation
- Permits legacy voice, speech, and conferencing applications to be used with VoIP clients and IP phones
- Supports the same programming interfaces as other Dialogic® Diva® Media Boards, including CAPI, Dialogic® Diva® APIs, and others
- Reduces porting efforts and time to market by making Diva
Media Boards compatible with most conventional telephony andcommunications applications
- Easy scalability and flexibility to address an organization’s
communications needs in changing environments, such as VoIP
- One powerful DSP dedicated to each communications channel on the V-series, UM series, and PRI/E1-30